Surf School in Baleal - Peniche, Portugal
You are going to have the opportunity to learn how to surf or improve your style with certified surf instructors, all with many years of experience. The school's equipment is up to date and special for teaching this wonderful sport. Safety is our main concern. Classes are imparted in safe beaches in the Peniche area, always bearing in mind the students level and best conditions for the day.
The Peniche area is a peninsula (see map) thus allowing any swell or wind for perfect surfing conditions. We will always look for the best spot for the day taking in consideration your level.
The Peniche surf camp and surf shop are located in Baleal, a small village just 2km from Peniche.
Here you can enjoy the calm of a relaxing holiday close to some of the best surf spots in Europe (Peniche, Ericeira, etc.). The perfect place for your surfing holiday in Portugal.
What is included in one day surf classes?
- 2 x 2 hour Surf classes (morning and afternoon)
- All Surf equipment (board/wetsuit/leach/lycra)
- Transportation to the beach (if required)
- Certified Instructors
- Lots of Surf, Fun and Tan...
Surf Courses for Beginners
You can do 1 (or more) day of surf lessons. For best results take our complete surf course (5 days)
A surfboard and wetsuit best suited to you will be provided.
Surf classes include all the basics from learning how to look after a wetsuit and laying on a board to surf the green section of the wave.
Then, according to your development, you may change to the advance group and learn other techniques. On Tuesdays and Thursdays all surf practice is filmed for later comment and discussion.
BEGINNER SURF COURSE PROGRAM
- Basic knowledge of surfing equipment and Peniche surfing geography
- Recognition of the beaches and currents
- Wave shapes and approaches
- Safety rules
- Paddling techniques
- Sitting on and turning the board
- The "duck-dive" or "eskimo-roll"(diving through the waves with the board)
- Getting to your feet – Standing up Surfing broken waves
- Surf history
- Priority rules
- Learn how a surfboard is made
- Position on the line up to catch unbroken waves
- Surf the green waves – bottom turn
- Advanced manoeuvres
- Class championship: understand how a surf championship works and be part of one. (This activity will take place if there are enough participants in a class)
- Plus 15 hours of surf practice
ALL SURF EQUIPMENT INCLUDED (Board, Wetsuit, Vest/Lycra and Leach)
We recommend 2 weeks surf camp for best results